Welcome to the 2019/2020 season of junior interclub tennis. As usual, there will be the regular Saturday / Sunday Interclub Competition.
Registrations Close 1st SEPTEMBER!
In addition, Tennis Central will also be running a Friday evening and Sunday afternoon competition, for more advanced players. Please get in touch for further information, if these options are of interest.
Regular Saturday / Sunday Interclub Competition
What do I need to do to play junior interclub tennis
• You must be a current member of the Khandallah Tennis and Squash Club.
• You must complete the online form below & make the Interclub Fee payment by 1st SEPTEMBER.
• You should be able to rally and serve (Novice grades may do a “bounce and hit” serve).
• You should be available to practice with your team once a week.
• You must comply with the rules and Code of Conduct of junior interclub tennis.
What if I’m not a member of the Khandallah Tennis and Squash Club?
When do I play?
• Regional 1 & 2 – Boys and Girls: Saturday from 9.00am
• A, B, C and D Grades – Boys and Girls: Sunday from 8.30am
• ‘Hot Shots’ Novice Boys and mixed: Sunday from 8.30am
• Novice Girls: Saturday from 8.30am
How much does it cost to play junior interclub?
• The Interclub Fee is $30 per player – this covers the Tennis Central team registration fees and balls. This cost has been subsidised by the generous sponsorships from Khandallah New World, NZ Financial Brokers and Kowhai Professional Roof Restoration. Note this is separate to actual KTSC membership.
Register your place
1. Complete the online form for registration.
2. Using Internet Banking pay the Interclub Fee of $30 into the KTSC Bank Account:
03 1536 0008582 00
Please use your child’s first and last name and “Jnr IC fee” as the reference so we can reconcile all payments
Please note, we are unable to put your child in a team until payment is made.
If you have any questions, please contact Matt Freeman (firstname.lastname@example.org), Jimmy Kemp (email@example.com ) or Paul Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Key Dates for the Season
Weekend of 7-8 September – ‘Love Tennis’ Khandallah Tennis Open Days
– Runs from 1-4pm on both Saturday and Sunday
– Great opportunity for players of all levels to come to the club, and find out more about membership and interclub. Evolve coaching staff will be on hand to give some tips, and BBQ will be running. Friends and family welcome!
Sunday 1st September
– Interclub registrations due in. Following this we will advise you by the end of September which team your child is in
Friday 18 October from 5pm – First Friday Junior Club night followed by new team manager briefing
– Meet your team/have a hit with your team/ handout of gear
– Team manager’s briefing
– Social night for all (not just interclub players)
October 19th – December 8th: Pre Christmas season
– Weekend of December 15th is the reserve rain weekend
Thursday 6 February – Waitangi Day Parent/Child Tournament
– It’s back for 2020!
February 8th 2020 – March 22nd 2020: Post Christmas Season
– There are usually some team movements between grades and some players leaving/joining.
Saturday 4th April 2020 – Junior Club Champs
– As with 2019, some games will be played on the Friday night (or even earlier subject to entries), to get things underway. And Sunday is our reserve day.