Taking place on Sunday 30th May 10-3pm. All help appreciated!
Wellington is now at Level 1 (as at 6am Sunday 7th March). As a reminder of the full guidelines under this level, please refer to this link below.
For KTSC we are back to normal, But
- if you are unwell, please do not come to the club, stay home.
- continue to observe hand washing and hygiene practice.
- we have a QR code for contact tracing for those who wish to use it. From now on it is up
to individuals to track their own movements.
Please also note that visitors to the club MUST continue to sign the visitors book and pay the visitors fee ($10) to use our facilities. Visitors using the bar area must also sign the bar visitor book. This is a condition of our alcohol license.
After missing 2020 due to Covid, the club champs are back for 2021, and registrations are now open. All key details follow.
- You can register here.
- To register, your child will need an account on https://tnz.tournamentsoftware.com/. If your child is not already registered, they will need to do so.
- As part of the registration process, a value for ‘Member ID’ will be required. For the ‘Member ID’, use the ‘Code’ field linked to your child’s tennis record at GradingList (tennis.org.nz) . (e.g. will start with ‘WNKH…’, and include your child’s initials)
- Open to all KTSC junior members including those playing junior and senior interclub with the exception of Premier Tennis.
- Also open to non-KTSC members playing for a Junior Khandallah Interclub Team in 2020/21..
- Juniors who have played Premier Tennis are ineligible (please enter the Senior Club Champs instead !)
- Registrations close Sunday 14 March
- Tournament is Saturday 27 March
- Friday 26 March (evening) – will be used if entries received exceed our ability to complete the event on the Saturday
- Sunday 28 March – will be used as the rain delay.
- Cost (payable on the day): $5 singles / $10 singles and doubles
- Catering – all entrants are requested to bring a plate
- Draws – final draws will depend on the number of entries / event.
- Matches – all entrants will be scheduled to play a minimum of 3 singles and one doubles.
Any questions / queries – contact Jimmy Kemp – email@example.com / 021 100 8381
Welcome to 2021 – May it be everything you hope for, and more. Thanks for continuing to keep yourselves safe at the club with contact tracking, hygiene practices and being kind to your fellow members/community.
We have a cracking year planned for the Club, and hope to see as many of you as possible on the courts, in the club, and encouraging squash fun/fitness with friends and family.
Facebook – like and follow our page for up-to-date information from Squash Wellington/NZ and club events.
Events – coaching, squads, fitness, innerclub and more
Women’s Circuit Fitness Training – Tuesdays 6.30-7.30pm
After a few years’ hiatus, it’s back. Women’s Circuit Fitness Training is on court 4 until end February. Open to members (no cost), this is a chance to work out at your own pace, with bodyweight exercises for strength and fitness. Bring a towel, water, and a smile. Thanks to Jeanne Yells for leading this, and all welcome for a refreshment in the bar afterward. Join the Women’s Circuit Training whatsapp group for support, and laughs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Nights – Tuesdays and Thursdays – 7.30-9.30pm – all welcome
Nick Mita Summer Fitness – Wednesdays 7-8pm there’s still ~6 weeks left of this program to have you ready to lunge around the court and improve your play and recovery – 2021 is the year of the Ox and no injuries! Contact Nick at email@example.com to book and arrange payment. Get in!
Matt Green Squads – join the squad for fun, fitness, footwork, coached drills and match play.
- Women: every 2nd Monday from 1st Feb – 7.30-8.30pm, $20pp (ongoing)
- Men: every 2nd Monday from 1st Feb 8.30-9.30pm $20pp (ongoing)
Squads not your thing? See the posters for details on private coaching with Matt. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org . Ask about joining the respective whatsapp groups for updates, support and getting to know your club members.
Innerclub – save the date – Thurs 18th Feb-Thurs 25th March 2021 – entries are open, watch the website/facebook for details. Be ready for fun, frivolity, teamwork and match play with your fellow members (entry fee for members and guests tba).
- Autumn Interclub entries close 26th Feb, with games from 9/10 March until 13/14 April
- Winter Interclub – entries close 30th April, with games from 11/12 May until 20/21 July and finals 10th August.
- Divisions include Men’s/Mixed Open on Tuesday’s, Women’s Open and Masters on Wednesday
TOURNAMENTS AT KTSC IN 2021
After a cracking 2020 [eventually], that saw KTSC host the Wellington District Open, Women’s 800 Series Final/Prizegiving, Autumn Junior 900, Summer Junior 900 and the first Women’s Xmas Mingle & Jingle event, we have even more to be excited about in 2021:
- Autumn Junior 900 series (May)
- Wellington District Open 2021, inc Khandallah Open (June)
- Khandallah Masters 2021 (July)
- Women’s 800 Series Final/Prizegiving (August)
- Khandallah Club Champs (~Sept, tbc)
Tournaments take significant volunteer power – from fundraising/sponsorship, creating the draws, TC/kitchen and general hands on. Thanks to all our wonderful volunteers, please be sure to answer our call again this year to put on these great events. The working bee list of jobs is underway, and many hands make light work. You have to agree the club looks amazing after a good tidy up.
Are there any tradies out there that would be able to help the club with repairs/maintenance from time to time please? Get in touch if you’d be happy to give us quotes for work that needs doing – builders, electricians, plumbers.
We’ll also be looking for sponsors for the big events on our calendar this year – the Wellington District Open and Masters in particular. If you have a business/employer you’d like to showcase, get in touch with email@example.com – we have a range of options to be involved and put your organisation name in front of the whole District.
Other tournies of note is the NZ Senior Nationals at Hutt City, June 25-27th; and the NZ Masters at Tawa/Mana, Oct 15th-18th – plenty to get your teeth into in 2021!
KTSC clothing coming soon..
Look out for the chance to grab a KTSC hoodie or polo and rock the club brand on the courts. Watch this space
Jason Samuel (Club Captain), and the KTSC Squash Committee
Our Autumn edition of Squash Innerclub is going to start on Thursday the 18th February and go through until 25th March.
Thursday 11th February will be an open evening. To catchup with your fellow members and to make new members and non-members welcome and play a bit of squash.
This is a social squash event that runs for 6 weeks on Thursday nights. You enter as an individual player, but we arrange everyone into teams – and each week you get to play someone of a similar level from another team. All games are held at the Khandallah courts, as this is an in-house competition.
This is a fun event, and is a great way to meet other players and get some regular games. We also open this up to non-members too, so if you have friends who would like to give squash a go for a few weeks then encourage them to enter too.
Entry fee is $10 for members and $30 for non-members. Please enter using the Survey Monkey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PWH35KR
Each week there’s a supper, quiz and prize giving, as well as a few extra team activities.
Entries close on Thursday 4th February.
Tracy, Andrew, Richard & Jason
It looks like Alert Level 2 is here for a while. We are playing Midweek tennis as usual, but with the extra precautions of either using the QR code or signing in on entry, using the hand sanitiser and maintaining social distancing. Like before, if you are feeling unwell please stay home.
Our summer season will commence on Thursday 3 September (provided the weather is fine) with a fun tournament, spot prizes and pot luck lunch. Everyone is welcome, and you can bring a friend. During our summer season we will begin play at 9.30am each Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Further details about events during the summer season will be posted soon.
Summer season January to April 2020
Come and play midweek Tennis. The summer season has just begun. It runs from now until Thursday 9 April with play every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9.30am. Special dates to note are:
10 February: Ladies interclub starts
14 February: Mixed interclub starts
20 February (or 27 Feb if wet): Tui McLauchlan Trophy
3 March (or 10 March if wet): Faye Gates Plate
19 March (or 26 March if wet): Dianna Wishart Tournament
2 April: Prizegiving
Summer Opening Day – Tuesday 28 January 9.30am.
Join us for a fun tournament, spot prizes and morning tea. Visitors are welcome (no visitor fee). If wet, we will reschedule for Thursday 30 January.
(valid for use between 16 December 2019 and 31 January 2020)
Give the gift of family fun and activity this Christmas
Available right now, the “Summer Pass” and play unlimited* tennis and squash throughout the summer school holidays at a fraction of the normal membership.
Prices start at $100 for families, $50 adults and $25 children (plus $20 access card)
KTSC – 7 tennis courts, 4 squash courts, Sauna, members lounge
Thump Sports – best on-site Pro Shop in Wellington
Evolve Tennis – Professional tennis coaching
For an application form – phone 939-6210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To purchase your pass, come down to 55 Delhi Crescent with your completed application form between 9.30am and 1.30pm Mon-Fri and you/your family can be on the court on the 16 December for a whole 6 1/2 weeks BARGAIN
Numbers strictly limited – Enquire NOW
*Some conditions apply
Love Tennis is back for 2019, on the weekend of Saturday 7, and Sunday 8 September, 1-4pm each day.
The first 100 people along on each day will each receive a free Hell pizza, all you have to do is take to the court!
There are heaps of activities planned for across the two days including:
- “Teacher vs teacher”, and “teacher vs kid” [Saturday], featuring teachers from Cashmere Ave School
- BBQ will be smokin’
- Take on the speed radar (prizes up for grabs – fastest serve….that goes in….!)
- Take on the ball machine
- Loads of fun games, and chances to win
- Face painting for the littlies
- Lolly scrambles throughout the two afternoons
- Bar will be open, and All Blacks v Tonga will be ON the TV upstairs!
So much going on, plus loads of offers and competitions:
- Free Hell Pizza voucher for visitors along to the club across the two days
- Go in the draw to win a trip for two to the ASB Open in Auckland
- Free joining fee (save $20) + free draw string bags (while stocks last) for new members for sign up over the weekend
- Loads of Love Tennis goodies including lip balms, bottle openers and pens
So, come on down (regardless of weather), but most importantly, encourage your friends and family to come on down too.
For current members, encourage your friends and family to come along.